Buguey, Cagayan – An elderly woman, along with her pets, died in a house fire in Barangay Quinawegan, Buguey, Cagayan.
BFP-Buguey said the fire broke out around 10:30 PM on Monday, August 22 but was only reported to their station at 11 PM due to problems with communication lines.
The woman identified as Ana Roxas, 74, was the only person in the house, according to police investigation.
A fire officer said that a gas lamp put beside the altar of the house caused the fire. The fire immediately spread due to packages of clothes in a nearby room.
The fire was first seen by her granddaughter, who was awakened by the warm breeze of the wind. When she got up to check what happened, she saw her grandma’s house burning.
Authorities who responded even struggled to open the house as it was locked tightly by the victim.
The fire was extinguished about an hour later.
Accordingly, the estimated cost of damage brought by the fire is at around P50,000.
LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME
Follow Guru Press Cordillera on Facebook for more News and Information