top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

  • Writer's pictureArjay Baysa

5-yr.-old boy suffered 3rd degree burn from candle fire

Updated: Oct 28, 2023


Abulug, Cagayan - A 5-year-old boy in Calog Proper, Abulug, Cagayan suffered a third-degree burn injury due to a candle left unattended while he was sleeping tonight, Oct. 26.


According to the boy's grandmother, the child was left with the candle which served as his light inside the room while she was washing their clothes.

"Madama nak aglablaba, inbatik isuna nga nakaturog, nakigtut nak ta adda nagsangit nga ubing, napuuran gayamen isuna, gapu iti kandela nga isu ti nausar nga silaw na," she recalled.


While the boy was in the middle of his sleep, the candle which was put on top of the 'dura box' fell, burning the clothes near the foam where the child was lying until the fire reached the beddings and mosquito net.


The Abulug Bureau of Fire Protection and Philippine National Police who were notified by the victim's close relative, Charles Baniel, immediately responded to the place of the incident.


The father of the child, meantime, ferried him to the hospital where he is now being treated.


LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME

OTHER NEWS 

Follow Guru Press Cordillera  on Facebook for more News and Information
151 views

Related Posts

See All

Kalinga plans to hold biannual arm wrestling

Tabuk City, Kalinga – As part of Kalinga’s celebration of its rich cultural heritage during its 29th founding anniversary, the province launched its inaugural arm wrestling or "sanggol" tournament on

bottom of page