Banaue, Philippines – Tourists can now visit the scenic views of the Banaue Rice Terraces and other tourism sites in Banaue after the order suspending tourism activities in the area was lifted.
The suspension order was made last week after a series of mudslides and flash floods hit the area due to non-stop heavy rains, and lifted July 12, 2022 following completion of road and trail clearing of areas heading to tourism sites.
With the lifting of the suspension order, the Department of Tourism advises travelers to take precaution when visiting places of attractions, especially in cases of heavy rains.
The tourism agency likewise said Banaue Hotel and Youth Hostel still remain closed to ensure safety of guests and personnel.
Last week, Tourism Secretary Christina Frasco told tourists to skip Ifugao’s most prominent municipality while clearing and cleaning operations were underway.
Aside from affecting tourism activities, the floods resulted into P840,000 worth of damage to infrastructure in the province, according to NDRRMC.
Likewise, agricultural damage and losses as reported is at least P16.6 million Damaged houses go up to a total of 1,048, they added. Six persons were reported to have been hurt but no fatalities have been logged.
Assistance amounting to P2.4 million was already given to some 1,054 families affected by the calamity.
LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME
Follow Guru Press Cordillera on Facebook for more News and Information