google.com, pub-6677685925409335, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 INSIDE ARTS ADS
top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

“Finally, a hospital for Tinglayan?” Gov. Edduba eyes groundbreaking this 2026

  • Writer:  Mark Moises Calayan
    Mark Moises Calayan
  • 19 hours ago
  • 2 min read

TABUK CITY, Kalinga — The long-awaited Tinglayan District Hospital is taking another step toward reality, with Kalinga Governor James S. Edduba targeting its groundbreaking within 2026 following the recommendation of a new site for the proposed health facility.

Edduba shared the development during his message at the Provincial Government of Kalinga’s regular flag-raising ceremony on Monday, August 17.


The governor said Tinglayan officials recently approached him regarding the hospital project and the newly recommended site, prompting him to call for the completion of the necessary documents so the project can move forward.


“Inmay ti opesyales ti Tinglayan kanyak panggep ti Tinglayan District Hospital metlang. Kunak gapo ta ada baro nga site nga in recommend yo, ayusen diay papel tapno within the year ket mabalin tayo metten in ground break,” Edduba said.


Edduba said the project already has P40 million in funding, with P30 million coming from the provincial government’s start-up loan and another P10 million from the Department of Health (DOH).


He emphasized that completing the documentary requirements for the newly recommended site should now be prioritized to allow the provincial government to proceed with the project.

Edduba, however, did not disclose the location of the newly recommended site.


“...ada metten diay P30 million idiay nga pondo plus diay nagapo idiay DOH nga P10 million. Hopefully we will have a groundbreaking ceremony this year. Sunga kunak asikasuen dan diay necessary nga documents,” Edduba added.


Project had earlier site validation


The Tinglayan District Hospital project had already undergone preparations for its previously identified site.


In April 2026, the proposed hospital site in the Fantu’ area, located along the boundary of Ambato-Legleg and Lower Bangad, underwent final validation by the Tinglayan Municipal Engineering Office in coordination with provincial engineers.


With a new site now being considered, the provincial government is working to complete the necessary requirements toward holding the hospital’s groundbreaking within the year.


Tinglayan Mayor Charles Abay earlier thanked the provincial government and the DOH for helping move the long-awaited hospital project closer to construction.


“Tatta nga umas-asideg daytoy panaka-construct na daytoy ospital tayo, agyaman tayo unay iti provincial government ken iti DOH ta gapu kanyada ket asideg tayon nga maala daytoy arapaap tayo nga ospital. Agyaman tayo met lang kadagitoy nagaget ken naalibtak nga engineers tayo ditoy munisipyo ken idiay province ta talaga isigurado da nga daytoy ospital tayo ket pasok iti standards,” Abay said.


Once completed, the hospital is expected to provide residents of Tinglayan with a local facility for their immediate medical needs, potentially reducing the need to travel to Lubuagan, Tabuk City, Bontoc, and other areas to access hospital services.


For a mountainous municipality where access to healthcare can mean long and difficult travel, the proposed Tinglayan District Hospital represents more than a new government facility—it is a step toward bringing essential healthcare closer to the people who need it most.

Related Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page