google.com, pub-6677685925409335, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 INSIDE ARTS ADS
top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

Mt. Province under state of calamity with P423.2M partial cost of damages due to ‘Egay’

  • Writer: Menchie Kinao
    Menchie Kinao
  • Jul 29, 2023
  • 1 min read

Updated: Aug 3, 2023


ree

Mt. Province – To address the adverse impact of Super Typhoon Egay in Mt. Province, members of its Sangguniang Panlalawigan convened for a special session on Friday, July 28, to approve a resolution declaring the entire province under a state of calamity.


Next to Abra, Mt. Province was the second province in the Cordillera region to declare status of the same.

ree

The move was made in response to Resolution No. 2023-028 passed by the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) chaired by Governor Bonifacio C. Lacwasan Jr., recommending such declaration.


Based on the council’s report, initial estimated damage in infrastructure, road networks, agricultural areas, and other sectors reached P423,318.20 as of the same day.


The said declaration allows the local government to utilize its 30% Quick Response Fund for relief and recovery programs and activities, stressed Provincial Legal Officer Tomas A. Kiwang Jr.

ree

Also, it prevents the increase in the prices of basic commodities.


As of 12 midnight, the Department of Social Welfare and Development – Cordillera said 294 houses in the province were partially damaged, while one was totally wrecked.


The number of affected individuals rose to 1,675 or 530 families.


So far, only one man named Mangintee Sagandoy, married, a resident of Betwagan, Sadanga died when their shanty at Sitio Pakkil, Caluttit, Bontoc was buried by a massive landslide triggered by the typhoon.

LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME
OTHER NEWS 
ree

Follow Guru Press Cordillera  on Facebook for more News and Information

Comments


bottom of page