top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

  • Writer's pictureMenchie Kinao

Pres. Marcos affirms P271.15M fund for Mt. Province climate adaptation project

Updated: Dec 1, 2023


Mt. Province, Philippines – Upon evaluation of the merits of the proposed “Mountain Province Climate Field School (CFS) for Farmers”, the People’s Survival Fund (PSF) Board approved through Resolution No. 2023-007 the project.


The CFS, which will be constructed inside the Mt. Province State Polytechnic College’s 285-hectare in Paracelis Campus, aims to increase the yields of the agriculture and fisheries sectors and mitigate the risks of climate change through good agricultural practices and sustainable resource management, stated the Department of Finance (DOF).

On Wednesday, November 29, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has officially presented the PSF Resolution, allotting P271,150,900 for the construction of a CFS for farmers in Mt. Province.


Governor Bonifacio C. Lacwasan Jr. received the approved resolution but accordingly, the fund will be downloaded by Department of Budget and Management after all the necessary documents are signed.


Thanking the national government for the grant, Lacwasan likewise gave credit to the efforts and cooperation of the personnel of Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office and the officials of the academe.


In addition, Mayor Bryne O. Bacwaden of Besao, Mt. Province secured P2 million worth of project, also under the PSF, for climate change mitigation.


Other PSF beneficiaries include the Municipality of Maramag in Bukidnon, the Cabagan in Isabela, Catanauan in Quezon Province, and Borongan City in Eastern Samar.

According to the DOF, the recent approval of the six new climate adaptation projects worth over P541 million brings the total number of PSF-funded projects to 11 climate adaptation initiatives and six projects for Project Development Grants, amounting to a combined PHP 889.6 million. This increased the PSF’s utilization rate to 89 percent, leaving only 11 percent of the initial allocation of P1 billion.


The fund is in line with Republic Act No. 10174 or the amendment of the Climate Change Act of 2009, mandating the local government units be involved in climate change mitigation initiatives.


Marcos congratulated the recipients and urged the local leaders to monitor their projects to ensure their success.

“Your dedication to climate-related projects is noteworthy, and will help boost the resilience of our people and their communities,” said the President.

LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME

OTHER NEWS 

Follow Guru Press Cordillera  on Facebook for more News and Information
290 views

コメント