top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

  • Writer's pictureBalbalan LGU

Application for students’ summer job in Balbalan begins


Balbalan, Kalinga – Balbalan municipal government in Kalinga started accepting applications for this year’s Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES).


SPES is a youth employment-bridging program of the government aimed at providing temporary employment to poor but deserving students, out-of-school youth, and dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers during summer or any time of the year to augment the family’s income to help ensure that beneficiaries are able to pursue their education.

Interested applicants must visit Public Employment Service Office (PESO) for filing of application from April 03 to 05, 2023.


Qualifications


To qualify, student-applicant must have a passing General Weighted Average (GWA). He/She must be 15-30 years old and the annual income of parents must not exceed the regional poverty threshold - P169,824.


For out-of-school youth (OSY), they must be certified by their respective Barangay Captain or Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office as OSY.


Requirements


Applicants must bring with them the requirements, as follows: three photocopies of birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or any official document showing the date of birth; three passport-size ID pictures; three original copies of Barangay Certificate of Indigency indicating that annual income of parents; and latest school grade of Form 137.

For high school students, they must provide three photocopies of Form 138 for the school year 2021-2022, duly certified by the school principal.


For senior high school or college students, two photocopies of their grades for 1st semester of the school year 2022-2023, certified by the school registrar or principal, are required.


PESO Manager Lucila Agcaoili said 100 slots shall be occupied for SPES this summer. Grantees will render 20-day service sometime in July to August. In a day, the SPES recipient will have a P455.18 daily wage, of which 60 percent will be shouldered by Balbalan LGU, while the remaining 40 percent will be paid by the Department of Labor and Employment.

For more inquiries, visit the PESO Office or Human Resource Management Office located on the 2nd floor of the main municipal building of Balbalan.

LISTEN TO STATION 1 RADIO: CLICK ME
OTHER NEWS 

Follow Guru Press Cordillera  on Facebook for more News and Information
171 views

Kommentarer