top of page

NEWS REPORTS 

POLICE REPORTS 

  • Writer's pictureChristian Malnawa

Baguio extends implementation of entry restriction from bordering municipalities


Tabuk City, Kalinga – Contrary to an earlier report that entry of residents from LISTT (La Trinidad-Itogon-Sablan-Tuba and Tublay) towns to the summer capital can be done without presenting necessary documents on checkpoints, border restrictions was agreed to be extended.


During the BLISTT governing council meeting today, February 17, the executive officials have agreed to extend border restrictions from February 18-28, 2021 but with amendments.

With this, working APORs (Authorized Persons Outside Residence) are exempted in submitting medical clearance but must present proofs that they are working in the city.


For non-APORs, medical clearance issued from February 1 could be used by them in entering the city until the end of the month.


As for travels within the Province of Benguet (not passing thru the city), an accomplished Health Declaration Form is to be presented at checkpoints.

Magalong takes back his Executive Order of no entry restrictions


On February 15, Mayor Benjamin Magalong issued an executive order exempting LISTT residents from the entry requirements required before entering the city. However, he later made a statement that a meeting with LISTT mayors shall be held to talk regarding the extension of border restriction.


BLISST mayors previously agreed to imposing temporary restrictions on the non-essential movement of people to and fro their areas on February 1-15, 2021 following the rise of Covid-19 cases in the city.


During those periods, all inter–BLISTT residents before travel or purchase of essential goods and services were required to present medical clearances.

Appeal to lift the restirctions


In a statement by Mayor Victorio Palangdan of Itogon, he said LISTT mayors appealed for the discontinuation of said restriction but the city government, in contrast, recommended the extension.


“During the meeting, LISTT mayors have expressed our common sentiments to the council, that is to appeal for the discontinuation of the border restriction until February 28. We heard the pleas of our people so we proposed to give back the responsibility to them by trusting them to have already known the Do’s and Don’ts during a pandemic since it has been a year of community quarantine. The city government recommends otherwise and urges to continue with the border restriction,” he wrote.


“Please understand that your Benguet Officials do not have any capacity to dictate or command the city’s policy in their own jurisdiction,” Palangdao added.


OTHER NEWS

ADVERTISEMENT

Follow Guru Press Cordillera on Facebook for more News and Information


48 views

Comments